Archive for May, 2010
SO… On Saturday I attended a cool “unconference” called Product Camp RTP.
It was an unstructured free conference where attendees got to vote on what panels they wanted to see from the open call for submissions. Some of the topics that were submitted for discussion included how to work with your sales team, public resources that are available to businesses, how to stay motivated, why most marketing sucks, and a career transition panel.
The event was full of a wide range of people including the unemployed (me), IT professionals, business owners and homemakers. Each person had something to bring to the group; be it connecting with a blogger, getting new business or just meeting someone you followed on Twitter. Read the rest of this entry »
I’m not a fan of BET. I’ve actually spent years NOT watching it at all but now they are playing old skool movies that I like so I tune in occasionally. I guess the BET Awards are coming up in a few weeks according to the commercials and black people are upset because Justin Bieber has been nominated for an award.
Honestly, the only reason I’m familiar with Bieber is because he is usually a trending topic on Twitter so I decided to see what the heck the hype was about. For those who don’t know (or who have been living under a rock like me) he’s a cute 16 year old Canadian, Platinum song singing, pop star who was signed by Usher. Read the rest of this entry »
I’m a bit late on posting my May goals but that’s because I accomplished my biggest goal for the month, I moved to Raleigh on May 10!
Here’s a recap of my goals from last month:
- Sell my stuff. I sold my big furniture for way less money than I wanted but oh well, I got it sold! I made many trips to Salvation Army with bags of clothes and little items. I was sad to see everything go but what had to be done was done. Unfortunately, my little car still didn’t hold everything so I have an appointment to pick up the rest of my things in Maryland in June.
- Figure out my skills I wasn’t really able to find that quiet time I needed to do this. I will work on this later this week.
- Walk more. I did this kind of… I got a little bit of walking done while moving my things and filling my car. My new roommates do actually walk so I will be able to join them.
My goals for May (even though it’s halfway over)
- Job hunt! While I’m enjoying my free time of being able to see my friends from the old days with just a drive, I really enjoy working and making money. So I am constantly applying for jobs and already have some networking events on my calendar.
- Blog more It really should not have taken me this long to blog this month. I have nothing but time on my hands right now and I should be focusing on getting meaningful posts in along the way. Read the rest of this entry »