Archive for the ‘goals’ Category
You know Chat Roulette? The place where you can video chat with people or penises? Well, Brazen Careerist just launched it’s own roulette, without the penises. Networking Roulette is a 3 minute chat session with people all over the hot social network, Brazen Careerist. There is no video so you have to hold your own with your words or your chat partner might “next” you. Read the rest of this entry »
I’m a bit late on posting my May goals but that’s because I accomplished my biggest goal for the month, I moved to Raleigh on May 10!
Here’s a recap of my goals from last month:
- Sell my stuff. I sold my big furniture for way less money than I wanted but oh well, I got it sold! I made many trips to Salvation Army with bags of clothes and little items. I was sad to see everything go but what had to be done was done. Unfortunately, my little car still didn’t hold everything so I have an appointment to pick up the rest of my things in Maryland in June.
- Figure out my skills I wasn’t really able to find that quiet time I needed to do this. I will work on this later this week.
- Walk more. I did this kind of… I got a little bit of walking done while moving my things and filling my car. My new roommates do actually walk so I will be able to join them.
My goals for May (even though it’s halfway over)
- Job hunt! While I’m enjoying my free time of being able to see my friends from the old days with just a drive, I really enjoy working and making money. So I am constantly applying for jobs and already have some networking events on my calendar.
- Blog more It really should not have taken me this long to blog this month. I have nothing but time on my hands right now and I should be focusing on getting meaningful posts in along the way. Read the rest of this entry »
I love to drive. I always forget about this fact until I’m in my car, shades on, music blaring, going 50 down the highway. Every time my car has broken down, I’ve gotten a little depressed. It’s not always about the cost of repair (unless I need ANOTHER new engine) it’s more about the fact of giving up control of my life. What if I want to go see a movie/shop/run away? Oh, I can’t because my car is in the shop and I’m at the mercy of my mechanic. It’s scary! Thinking about this reminds me that only I can control my life. I can either get in the car and drive or I can continue to let others drive me around. My drive/ride will always be changing. I may not always like the scenery outside of my window so I can stay or I can get the heck out of there.
I’m also in charge of who rides with me on my drive. I honestly got a 4 door car with my friends in mind. I wanted to be able to pick them up if they needed me to and I want to have room for as many people as safely possible. When my friends ride, we either agree or compromise on the destination. Sometimes it’s perfectly ok to sit back and let others drive. We all need to remember that sometimes but you have to trust that the person driving is going to take you where you both wanted to go.
So I’m excited right now to find some new roads that I haven’t gone down yet and hopefully one of these roads will lead me to where I need to be. For now, I’m just enjoying the drive.
I joined another network on Brazen Careerist called “Monthly Goal Meet-Up”
To participate in the meet-up:
1. Post a list of your career/life related goals for the current month, along with your checked off goals from the previous month if you’d like, on your own blog
2. Come back to this group and leave a link to your post in the comments (*If you don’t have your own blog, feel free to share your list of goals in the comments section of the post to join in!)
3. Then, check out everyone else’s lists as they leave comments – click their links, visit their blogs, say hello, meet, greet and support each other because that’s what it’s all about!
So that’s what I’m doing! I’m late getting started but I guess you could say my February goal was to figure my shit out for March
I realize I need to be clear about what I need to accomplish in order to be on the move by April.
1. Figure out where I want to live. I finally got a call back about a sales position with a company that I’m interested in (I’ll know more tomorrow) and they have offices all over the USA so I have to be open to relocating anywhere. That’s pretty exciting to me because it opens up a ton of possibilities but there is always the chance that this falls through so I need to be prepared. After reading all the comments on my last post, I’m thinking Raleigh but I do need to explore a few more things before I decide totally.
2. BLOG MORE! I need to blog at least twice a week. I need to block out a chunk of time, sit down and write. I have a ton of ideas and blogging makes me focus.
3. Review the books I’m reading. Except for the trashy ones lol. I read romance novels to give me a little pick me up but I’m also currently reading “What Color is Your Parachute? 2010” and will be picking up anything anyone suggests in the comments.
4. Take better/more pictures. I spent big bucks on an awesome camera and I’m not taking photos with it. I’m doing a photo a day but most of the photos I’m taking suck. I know part of this is because I really want to get outside and I can’t because it’s cold as Fuck and I’m a Southern Girl at heart…I DON’T do cold very well. I’m also not feeling very inspired lately with this whole strange relationship I’m going through.
5. Be Nicer….to Everyone I realized I was a bitch to someone online and I didn’t mean to be. I was being honest and I realize that I could use some nicer words to still make the same point but I didn’t stop & think before I hit post. We all need a bit of kindness. We need to give love to those around us to get in back into our hearts also and God knows I need some love lol.
What is at least 1 goal you are setting for yourself for March?