Archive for the ‘jobs’ Category
Today is my last day at Live Work Play. As most of you guys know, I lost my father in December and now I’ve got to simply take some personal time. I’ll be back and forth between Raleigh and Elizabeth City, NC (ugh) for the next month or two. Yes, I’m actually leaving the 2nd coolest job I’ve had since I started really working at 15. The first coolest was working & living at the beach during the summer, can’t beat that in my book. But yes, I’m leaving behind the parties and being in the know of all of Downtown Raleigh and Downtown Durham.
What does that mean? Well, if you want to hang out, you honestly have to get in on my schedule. I’ll be taking a lot of your guys up on your offers for free coffee and free dinner! :p I’ll also be taking that time to really focus on figuring out who I am as a person. What makes Regina happiest? Who the hell am I? Being caught up in my dad’s sickness really had me on a backburner and now it’s my time to shine!
That also means there might be an opening at an amazing company that needs a social media rockstar and an independent thinker with great ideas to further the company’s goals. I learned so much at Live Work Play and wouldn’t trade my time working there for anything. I’m really sorry to go
How can you help? Shove book and music recommendations at me. Have coffee, brunch, lunch, dinner, drinks with me and tell me what you think my strengths and wea
knesses are and how I can improve on them. Have a job that you think I’ll be great for, TELL ME! You don’t even have to have a solution; you can simply give me a hug. I need those as well.
Peace out Live Work Play! On to deal with all the grownup things! I wish you the best in the future!
Connect with me on LinkedIn if we aren’t already connected!
Regina Twine, LLC coming soon??? Social Media Consulting!!
I’ve been in bed since Wednesday. I’m sure at some point in my life, it will be great to spend almost 5 full days in bed…maybe with someone but this was not the case this week. This week, my fear for my job, hurt my health in a major way.
I haven’t been selling as many cars as I’ve wanted/needed to in the past few weeks. November was a hard month for the dealership and for me so I know I have to REALLY be on the top of my game in order to keep my job. I like getting paid and I work hard to try to make sure that I keep getting paid. Well I started feeling sick at the start of December but ignored it. Read the rest of this entry »
You know Chat Roulette? The place where you can video chat with people or penises? Well, Brazen Careerist just launched it’s own roulette, without the penises. Networking Roulette is a 3 minute chat session with people all over the hot social network, Brazen Careerist. There is no video so you have to hold your own with your words or your chat partner might “next” you. Read the rest of this entry »
it’s the week of my birthday and I’m super excited. Too bad that’s not what this post is about. Quick recap: still selling cars (now the ONLY female left on the sales floor), boyfriend-less days after my last post (THAT will be written about later for SURE) and I bought myself a new car as an early birthday gift. Read the rest of this entry »
SO…Hi. Long time no blog. I’ve been composing blog posts in my head but they haven’t made it to the computer yet due to me having like no personal time.
Quick updates: I found my structure – I got a job! I sell cars. Seriously, I’ve been on the job for a month and I’ve sold 10 cars. It’s a little bit of a rush every time I get a car deal. Read the rest of this entry »
SO… I turned down my first official job offer and I’m having a hard time getting over the guilt. In the last few weeks, I’ve been interviewing with a small, young upbeat company with a young staff and I didn’t know if I would like the job until the 2nd interview. I approached the opportunity with an open mind because the 1st interview wasn’t bad but it didn’t totally thrill me. But in my mind I said who cares about being thrilled? In this economy be happy Read the rest of this entry »
SO… On Saturday I attended a cool “unconference” called Product Camp RTP.
It was an unstructured free conference where attendees got to vote on what panels they wanted to see from the open call for submissions. Some of the topics that were submitted for discussion included how to work with your sales team, public resources that are available to businesses, how to stay motivated, why most marketing sucks, and a career transition panel.
The event was full of a wide range of people including the unemployed (me), IT professionals, business owners and homemakers. Each person had something to bring to the group; be it connecting with a blogger, getting new business or just meeting someone you followed on Twitter. Read the rest of this entry »
SO… It’s almost May and haven’t blogged much because I’ve been so freaking busy. Here’s a recap of my life in JUST the last two weeks: I put in my notice at work. My (not) boyfriend got laid off at his job (Last Tuesday). I’m having a yard sale to sell all my stuff tomorrow. (on a business’s property since I’ve been kicked off my own lawn) The (not) boyfriend has already gotten a job (got an offer today). Same company, different position, and his dream location. (lucky him!!)
The voice in my head is screaming: “WHAT ABOUT ME??? Read the rest of this entry »
SO…Recently, I brought up the fact that I am Black when I was speaking with Penelope Trunk and that I had taken all racially identifying items off my resume to make sure I had a level playing field. She was a little speechless but awesome about it. I just shocked her world a little because she had to change her mental picture of me in her head. She didn’t realize I am Black. She even started a discussion on Brazen Careerist about it and this comment comes up:
“This girl is so convinced that race will cut her chances that she didn’t even let Penelope, her mentor, know that she’s black.”
I guess I don’t understand WHY I should be forced to have some grand “announcement” that I’m Black. Read the rest of this entry »
Here is a quick recap of my goals from March and how I did:
1. Figure out where I want to live. Raleigh – Moving in with my best friend and her mom
2. BLOG MORE! Still working on this one. I did increase my frequency this month.
3. Review the books I’m reading. I haven’t finished Parachute but I did finish “A Little Bit Married” and I will be reviewing that later this week.
4. Take better/more pictures. I took some awesome pictures at the St. Patrick’s Day Parade (http://www.flickr.com/photos/40985145@N03/sets/72157623445184753/)
5. Be Nicer….to Everyone Working on it and I hope others are too.
Now it’s time to talk about April! 1 month closer to my move!
- 1. Sell my stuff. Despite my love affair, I’m going to sell a lot of my possessions, including my bed. I realized that I can’t keep dragging material things around with me and it’s not worth the hassle trying to move everything.
2. Figure out my skills I know I want to help people but what skills do I have that can help me do this and will translate into a job? I’m off on Weds so I’m going to do the Flower Exercise in “What Color is Your Parachute” while I have some quiet time.
3. Walk more. I honestly get winded going up stairs. I need to get in shape and walking will be the first step in helping me AND I can get outside to enjoy the wonderful sunshine!
4. Bug Penelope for more help on my resume PT was helping me with my resume a few months ago and we made some great progress but I think we’ve both gotten away from it so with the BIG move coming up, I’m sure I will need her (and everyone else’s) help.
To participate in the meet-up:
1. Post a list of your career/life related goals for the current month, along with your checked off goals from the last month if you’d like, on your own blog.
2. Come back to BrazenCareerist.com network and leave a link to your post in the comments (*If you don’t have your own blog, feel free to share your list here in the comments to join in!)
3. Then, check out everyone else’s lists as they leave comments – click their links, visit their blogs, say hello, meet, greet and support each other because that’s what it’s all about!